How sick is too sick?
Here are some of the common symptoms that, if present, would require you to keep your child home. A full list of District 20's illness guidelines can be found below.
- Temperature of 100.5 or higher without medication
- Vomiting or diarrhea twice in the previous 24 hours until resolved without medication
- Uncontrolled cough or other common cold symptoms that are so severe the student cannot function at school
- Undiagnosed skin rash or open lesions that are rapidly changing or accompanied by fever
- If prescribed antibiotics, student must receive 24 hours treatment before returning to school
- Flu-like symptoms. Student must stay at home until symptoms are resolved for 24 hours without the use of medication.